Enforcing IP rights through the Courts is often viewed as a potentially very expensive process. Whilst this can be true, our experience is that most disputes can be settled without the need for litigation and, where a client's position is strong, the mere threat of action, when executed properly, is often enough to reach a resolution.
If you suspect someone is infringing your IP rights, expert advice is essential at the earliest opportunity. Tactical considerations often come into play and you will need to know what options are available and the likely outcomes. There are various rules in place regarding how a suspected infringer can be approached and we advise that you should not approach suspected infringers without talking to us first.
Our services include:
- Immediate Assessment: Swift evaluation of a legal cause of action;
- Tactical Attack Planning: Formulating the best strategy considering the nuances of IP law heavily linked to commercial and financial considerations;
- Drafting Letters Before Action: Sending out a clear statement of intent to get the copier to sit up and take notice;
- Litigation: Whether you're looking to defend your assets or take the initiative, we're here to skillfully guide you through the litigation process to protect what's yours.
Particular details we would need:
- Patent: evidence to establish that the product complained of has all the features set out in your patent claim;
- Trade mark: evidence to establish use or a the same or similar mark for the same or similar goods/services;
- Design: evidence to establish that the product complained of would create the same overall impression;
- Copyright: evidence to show actual copying.
If you have any questions concerning enforcement of your IP rights, please follow the link to our contact us page.